I know it has been a while. But, while I was gone we accomplished some major hurdles!
Gracie now knows how to blow her nose!!! I love when they learn this. It is so much easier to keep a runny nose wiped. She has also got back into her regular sleeping. In her own bed with no crying when we put her down. It was a few miserable nights of screaming for an hour, but we stuck to our guns and boy am I glad.
The biggest hurdle is that we made it 6 months. 6 long months without my Mom. In ways it seems like forever, like when I think about the last time I talked to her. But in other ways it seems like yesterday, like when I think about this summer when she was sick. It doesn't matter how long it feels like, we made it. Six Months. Half a year. I miss her. Everyday. I miss her squishy hugs and her poofy hair and her mole on her hand. I miss her advice and her phone calls. I miss that she loved to visit me this time of year, or I loved her to visit. I miss her cards and packages in the mail for no reason. I even miss her getting after me for having a messy house. But for as much as I miss her it is OK. It OK because we are doing it. We are doing it. We are going on and trying our hardest to keep her part of our lives, and our children's lives. We are OK. I am so proud of us. I look forward for the next part. The next hard thing. It makes us stronger, and miss her more, but it brings a memory with it. I love those, because it is all I have.
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


9 comments:
It still sucks. Bad.
Plus my freaking antidepressants made me break out. Now I'm depressed, and ugly. Can I hate her for that?
I'm with Keli on this one. It sucks. I hate it.
I miss her a lot. I miss her because now I know how much I took advantage of her. I miss our normal family....not we were ever THAT normal, but you get my drift. :)
You are doing well ladies...keep hanging in there!
6 months! I can't believe it's been that long.
I'm with you guys, it sucks! But look how well we have gotten through. We all still talk to eachother. In that case we aren't normal, Meg. Love you guys!
I can't believe it's been 6 months already, but you guys are definitely keeping here memory alive and I know it's brought your family closer!!
This calls for a noteable....I'm thinking! I'm thinking! I need just the right kind.....Stand by.
Noorda's Noteable:
I remember standing in the downstairs bathroom talking to your mom while she did hair. Yours and Keli's that is.
Comb, Spray, Pull, Twist. All those ball elastics of a variety of colors. I can't even remember what they're called. You know the ones. It looks like it has a marble on each end.
Then the sponge rollers....A few hours later. Ringleted pigtails! Matching no less. You girls always had the cutest hair. Your mom really took the time to make sure you looked darling.
I'm sure at the time getting hair done seemed like pure torture. I know it does for my smallest one.
But when you look at all those school pictures you will see the faces of a little girl who knows beyond a shadow of doubt that her mommy loves her!!
It's all the little things our parents do and did for us and that we now do for our own children that give us that sense of pure unconditional love.
She gave you that. And you guys keep on giving it to your own kids and to each other. LOVE~
You just made me cry,what you wrote is so neat-- She is so proud of you I am sure!! You're such a trooper!!
Post a Comment