Monday, February 9, 2009

One piece please!

Church was crazy yesterday. It was out Ward Conference. Aaron and I had to both be in a meeting at 11:30-12:30. Church starts at 1:00. How in the world was I going to get everyone ready and to church? Thanks to my visitors and Janette we all made it. During Sacrament Gracie was going from one person to another and I have to admit I wasn't paying much attention. I was actually trying to feel the spirit during the Sacrament. Ha Ha. The bread came, we passed it down the row and on the way back, Gracie decided she needed another piece. Well, not just one piece, a whole handful. So, now what? She is standing there with a handful of blessed bread. Do I put it back, even though the row behind us saw her with a fist full of bread, or do I just let her eat it all? I think if it would have been someone I knew better behind us or someone with children I would have put it back, but it was two old couples. She had lunch during Sacrament. I don't remember any of my other children doing that. I know they all tried, but I must be getting slow in my old age.

We had lots of family all weekend. Troy and Tyson came Wednesday for the World of Concrete. Ha! I think they only used that as an excuse to bring bikes and ride. Kelli and the kids came Thursday, and after a flat tire detour, they finally made it. We had a great time. Dinner with Jamo and Catherine, Supercross for the boys, Bowling for the rest of us. It was a great weekend, and I am really glad they came. Sad to see them leave. Thanks guys!!

5 comments:

jill said...

We went to Calebs homecoming yesterday and Hanna said she was really hungry and wanted a whole piece of bread! She did refrain when we told her she had to share with everyone there so she did only take one piece! I miss Gracie! Bring her for a visit!

g&gjohns said...

Tyson said your kids were perfect. Gracie is too cute.

Meg & Josh said...

Lucky girl... Our new ward breaks their bread in HUGE pieces, so it is like lunch at church every week. However, Fast Sunday it's the best....

Keli said...

Gretta did this a couple of weeks ago, too! I laughed my butt off! And of course, I let her eat it. But now, every week she thinks she can get a huge handful, and it's a battle to get her to stop at one piece.

I wanna come visit. I miss you guys!

Karla said...

Sydney does the same thing almost every Sunday. Before I can get to her she's double fisting a couple pieces of bread. Her older siblings giggling at her doesn't help much. It's a good thing these little girls are so dang cute!