Today is Pancreatic Cancer Advocacy Day. I know just my Mom has affected many of you. What amazes me is that Pancreatic cancer is the most deadly cancer and the five year survival rate has remained below 5% for the last 30 years. That is amazing! What bothers me the most is that in the stimulus package there is a ton of money going to STD and AIDS research. I understand those people need help too, but most of them made a bad decision some time in there life, and as a result they contracted a disease. My Mom didn't get a choice, and all of us that may carry that genetic bomb didn't either. For all we know, we could die the very same way.
Please participate in the nationwide effort to support the hundreds of volunteers participating. To amplify our efforts today, and to participate in the National Call-In, click on the link below. http://www.pancan.org/advocacyday09/instructions.html
It is way scary and my heart was racing, but I did it!! Thanks!!
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


2 comments:
I did it too, and I was scared to death! My voice was all shaky like when you bear your testimony at church. And then, when I was leaving a message for one of the senators, I started to cry! Crazy lady alert! I think that underscored my sincerity, though.
Good job.
It was scary! I was fumbling all over my words!
Post a Comment