I love my kids! They provide me so much entertainment. Yesterday they also provided 3 events that were totally blog worth.
- Oliva decided she wanted to go over to the school and pick up McKinley. Gracie always gets upset when she can't go with them. I was busy in my room when Olivia left. A few min later I realized Gracie wasn't hanging on my leg. I yelled for her and no response. I yelled at Carter to see if he had her, he didn't. We both went running downstairs. I went out the front door and he went out the back. I looked down the street and couldn't see her. I ran around to the back and came in the back door just in time to hear the front door shut. Carter came back in with Gracie in arms. She had put on her shoes and gone out the front door to find Olivia. When she couldn't find her she went through the gate and into the backyard to play. Scary! From now on the front door will be locked at all times.
- I sent Carter out to mow the lawn. I am so glad he knows how to do that now. It only takes a few min. I was getting dinner ready and looking out the window. I hear MOM!!! I couldn't figure out why there was water bubbling out of the sand pile. Then I noticed the best part, the lawn had grown about a foot and a half. It was about 3 feet in diameter. It was a lawn water balloon! He had hit the water spout in the lawn and broken it underground. That's 2 he has broken now:( The kids could stand on the bubble and it didn't move. By now water was coming out of the sand like crazy so I called Aaron and learned how to turn the outside water off. Something that might come in handy to know if Carter keeps mowing the lawn.
- Our school started a new phone message program. They call with recorded messages about announcements and things we need to know. I like it. This is why... I got one of these messages last night during dinner. The caller id said Clark County so Aaron handed me the phone and said, "it's the school". I suddenly noticed fear in Olivia's eyes. So, I played it up a little. "Is there anything anyone wants to tell me about something that happened at school today?" (I am so mean). Olivia's eyes welled up with tears, "Yes, I do!" So, I took her upstairs to talk about it. A boy was teasing her about her cute freckles, and she started teasing him back, and the recess lady got mad at her! Seriously!? Then I broke the news to her that the phone call was reminding me to send the registration papers back to school today.


7 comments:
Gracie just wants to be big like her sisters. She is so dang cute.
It's ok Carter, I run over sprinklers all the time. But that still sucks.
Oh, poor Livi!
Your days sound like my days...there is always something.
What a day? I can not even imagine your fear when you could not find Gracie.
What would we do without kids? Can you imagine how boring life would be?
It's scary how smart 2 year olds are these days! They know where they want to go and can figure out how to get there. Good luck keeping track of Gracie, what a scary few minutes!!
I've teased my kids when the school calls too, but it's after I hear the message and hang up the phone. Then I turn to them and say it was the school calling and say how one of them is in trouble- they fall for it everytime!
Sounds about like our house! Always crazy! If you need help fixing the sprinkler, my husband is a plumber, and I am sure that he wouldn't mind helping out!
Good little Gracie. So independent. Enjoy it.
Wait? You have a lawn? And a mower? And Carter knows how to use it? I'm impressed.
And you sound just like mom when the school would call. Instantly it was "I was late to class, they must have marked me absent", or "I spent 3rd period in the SBO room, and forgot to tell the teacher", or some other blah blah blah.
I'm sure this won't be the last time Olivia gets a phone call from the school....well, sort of. :)
At least Gracie went into the backyard to play, and not out in the street!!
Post a Comment