Today I am just thankful to be able to blog. We have a very strict rule at our house that food is not allowed by the computer. Nor are little boys who are grounded from the computer. Olivia had been playing a game, and stepped away for a second. Carter thought it would be a good idea to help her out on her game:
- Mistake #1-Carter has been grounded from the computer for 3 weeks, he got one week back for being good, so Monday he was supposed to be ungrounded.
- Mistake #2-He had a glass of water in his hand.
I think you all know where this is going. Yes, he did, a glass of water in my laptop. I hurried and turned it off, and tipped it upside down hoping that all the water would come out. It dripped pretty good. I took off most of the keys off (now the shift key won't work so well), and wiped up what I could. When my phone jumped into the pool a few years ago Aaron told me that I should turn it off and let it dry out. So, this was my logic. After sitting all night and a little praying (mostly on Carters part) it turned on beautifully.
Have you ever thought was is on your computer? I hadn't thought much about it until I didn't think I had it anymore.
- All the pictures I have ever taken.
- All my music that I paid to download
- My connection with all of you
- All my Visiting teaching documents
- Documents I don't even know I have, but I'm sure I couldn't live without.
It is almost pathetic that we let ourselves rely on something so much! Needless to say, I will be doing a lot of backup today!!!


9 comments:
Back that baby up, girl! Especially the pictures. Documents usually have a trail you can trace back to if you need to, but not pictures. And you have some waaayyyy cute pictures on there.
How's Carter's butt this morning from the lashing?
I'm glad for Carter's sake it started up this morning- no call to social services needed then?!
Naughty, naughty Carter---bet he thinks twice before helping out his sister again!
I am so glad that it worked! That is so scary. We had a computer problem not too long ago too when we thought everything was lost ans it was NOT fun! Luckily everything was fine but you are right you never think about what is on there until you might lose it!
Wow, just picturing all that in my head is quite funny. Your computer not working wasn't the funny part but thinking about how it all went down does. I could see that happening at my house for sure. Makes me realize that I nee to back my pics up too.
hey jill i think carter should be able to get his computer privliges back! we need an up date! oh and we finnally made a blog! http://thenoordamonkies.blogspot.com/
http://thenoordamonkeys.blogspot.com/
Not Fun! Our hard drive crashed two weeks ago when I was trying to do my Christmas cards/letter. We didn't have a back up current. I learned the hard way that the Geek squad at Best Buy can find all of your lost stuff for $100. I'm glad your computer works again.
Post a Comment