Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Guts

Last night for FHE we carved our pumpkins. If you remember, we bought our pumpkins in Utah at the pumpkin patch. Note to self: If you bring Utah pumpkins to Vegas don't put them directly in the sun or they will go bad. No big deal right, I will just run to Wal-Mart and buy some more. I saw a bunch in a big box there. Gone. What about the orchard, they had a big field of them, I rode my bike past it everyday. Gone. The fake pumpkin patch still has them but they will cost me $100. I tried Smiths. They had 5 left. We choose the best ones, and headed home.
It sure is nice to have kids old enough to do it themselves. I stuck Mrs. Potato head pieces into Gracie's so there was no face to decide on. I think it is pretty cute.
We had a great time. Made a big mess. Got to bed late. But it is done done done.

7 comments:

karla said...

Ha, enjoy the fun of it.(don't ya hate 'more mature' people who say that)? I must admit..... I have missed spending money on pumpkins for the porch (and the wondering if they will be uncerimoniously smashed in the road). oh well, no worries this year.
love ya all in LV

Karla said...

How funny! I had the exact same experience at Walmart. There were a million pumpkins on Saturday and I didn't pick any up. When we stopped by on Monday we had to pick the least sickly looking of the 6 that were left. Hope you all have a fun Halloween!

Kelli said...

We still need to do ours. I hate doing it because it makes a mess and it stinks. See you soon, we miss you guys!

Heidi said...

Mmmm, pumpkin guts, my favorite. I love Mrs. Pumpkinhead - what a great idea. I'll have to remember that. Maybe you should plant pumpkins in your backyard and sell them at Halloween time and make a fortune!

Liesl said...

My pumpkins went bad too. Who knew we would have sunshine in Vernal! Gracie is the cutest thing!

Meg & Josh said...

So cute! Love Gracie's Mrs. Pumpkinhead!

g&gjohns said...

Without any kids at home we forgot we had pumpkins in our garden. Remember this is the best time of your life. Enjoy!!!