Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Ora

I went to Wal Mart the other day, like almost everyday. It was the day before my tri. I was in a hurry, like always. I drove down my usual row to park and thought I saw a front row spot. NEVER has this happened. Sure enough I got the front row! My luck was on.

I had Gracie, and she always smiles and waves to everyone we pass. It takes me forever because most of them stop and play with her and ask me how old blah blah. Life is so hard with a child as darling as mine. I was headed down an isle and I could see this lady at the other end coming toward me. She was in a motorized cart, and had her hand to her chest holding a wrap around her shoulders. I was aware of her, not really nervous, but something was different about her. As she passed, she played with Gracie and asked the usual questions, then said,

Lady "Can I ask you something?"
Me "Sure"
L "Are you stressed about something in your life?"
M "Uuuu, not really, My Mom just died, I have a triathlon tomorrow, life sucks-No not really"
L "I knew you were, your Ora is all disrupted."
M "I am not surprised lady"
L "I am a psychic. That money you have coming is on it's way."
M "What the?"

So, to my great Aunt I don't know that is about to die and leave me some money, hurry up. I got thinking about that conversation, I bet she could have said the exact same thing to anyone in the store and they would have had the same response as me. Everyone is stressed. It was a great giggle for me.

6 comments:

chel wakley said...

Ha ha that is awesome. Let us know when you get your money. And when you are super rich don't forget about the little people.

Catherine Noorda said...

that rocks. how funny. you got a psychic analysis - and for free. that would have been extra funny if she would have tried to charge you for her words of wisdom.

Keli said...

Hey, that means we share the same great aunt, so some of that moola better be on its way to me, too!

Or maybe she had just heard about the new economic stimulus checks we might be getting.

Some stinkin' psychic!

Heidi said...

Oh yea, now I can comment - all is right with the world again! During a shopping trip to Walmart, we all either run into ward members or random weirdos.

Laura said...

wow that is funny...and a little creepy...and funny. have fun when you cash in!

g&gjohns said...

It's the oil money. I can feel it.