Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Let your light so shine!


A few years ago we were visiting my family in Utah. My parents were leaving on a trip but we still had a couple days of our vacation left. We got up one morning after they had gone, Aaron made the comment that it was odd to get up and not have the right lights on and the right blinds open. You see my Mom always got up first. She opened the same blinds every morning and closed them at just the right time. It was a habit of sorts for all of us.


When I was on bedrest and couldn't do ANYTHING, my Mom came to stay with us and help. Again, Aaron made the comment to me that he loved how my Mom would get up and open all of our blinds. We loved the light it brought into our house. She would always remember to close them when it was getting dark.


I was thinking about this all the other day. I don't think there was one day in my life that I saw my Mom depressed or really down. I think she was remarkable and even if she was feeling down we wouldn't have known. But I think I will try her therapy. My blinds are now open and let in the light. Now if I can just remember to shut them when it gets dark so the neighbors don't see our underwear.

7 comments:

Laura said...

My mom does that with the windows too. And night lights when it gets dark. And the underwear...at least it covers all the right parts and then some.

Catherine Noorda said...

is that your house? i love the yellow paint and the cheery flowers on your table. so cute.

Kathie said...

My mom does this too and now so do I. I wish my kitchen was as sunny as yours. Our porch really shades the front. Cute house BTW

Keli said...

I think about that every morning when I open my stage drapes that cover my back windows. She loved to open those. But even with the blinds open, there is still a small light missing from inside that house.

Audrey Taylor said...

Sunlight is suposed to be very good for mental health. This is a great time to have blinds up because it's not so hot out.
Keep shining Jill!

Heidi said...

That is one habit of mine that I do everyday - go around downstairs and open the blinds (after we're all dressed of course.)

Nikki said...

I also open my blinds first thing every morning. Bring on the light!! Your so right something about sunshine makes you just feel like smiling. Even sunshine when there is snow on the ground. Everything sparkles then.

I too love the yellow walls and flowers. :)