I had a couple firsts this week. One was going back to my Parents house. It was actually better than I thought. I guess spending so much time there eased the shock of it when I did return.
Thanks to Aunt Suz I had another one of my firsts this week. When Mom was sick her sisters were incredible to visit and call and bring food..... They really inspired us. One day my Aunt Suz brought a pillow to Mom. She had just whipped it up. Pieced together and then on the front she had sewn Nunn Means Love. We all had a little cry. It was so kind.
Most mornings I would go up to check on Mom, and find McKinley sitting on her bed with her just talking. I'm not sure if it was about much or just sitting together watching Home Improvement or Golden Girls. McKin was very interested in the pillow. They talked about it and McKin told her how much she loved it. One bad day in the tube replacement office. Ugggg. Mom was so done. All she talked about was funeral and stuff she wanted us to have. She told us she wanted McKinley to have the pillow. It was a few days later that she passed. We put the pillow in the casket with her during the viewing. We planned on taking it out before we closed it. My Dad at the last second decided to leave it in. McKin was nervous and worried. Aunt Suz eased her nervousness by promising to make each of the girls their own.
She did it. In record time I might add. Not only did the pillows come UPS but included was the most touching letter written to each of them. These are good times. They may cause a tear or two. But they also give us reason to smile. My girls will have a memory of Nunn every time they look at the pillow.
Thanks Aunt Suz!!
Thanks to Aunt Suz I had another one of my firsts this week. When Mom was sick her sisters were incredible to visit and call and bring food..... They really inspired us. One day my Aunt Suz brought a pillow to Mom. She had just whipped it up. Pieced together and then on the front she had sewn Nunn Means Love. We all had a little cry. It was so kind.
Most mornings I would go up to check on Mom, and find McKinley sitting on her bed with her just talking. I'm not sure if it was about much or just sitting together watching Home Improvement or Golden Girls. McKin was very interested in the pillow. They talked about it and McKin told her how much she loved it. One bad day in the tube replacement office. Ugggg. Mom was so done. All she talked about was funeral and stuff she wanted us to have. She told us she wanted McKinley to have the pillow. It was a few days later that she passed. We put the pillow in the casket with her during the viewing. We planned on taking it out before we closed it. My Dad at the last second decided to leave it in. McKin was nervous and worried. Aunt Suz eased her nervousness by promising to make each of the girls their own.
She did it. In record time I might add. Not only did the pillows come UPS but included was the most touching letter written to each of them. These are good times. They may cause a tear or two. But they also give us reason to smile. My girls will have a memory of Nunn every time they look at the pillow.
Thanks Aunt Suz!!


5 comments:
That just brought a little tear to my eye. You do have great aunts. I even got a hug from both at the viewing. What a treasure for your girls.
That will be such a great keepsake for your girls. And such a sweet story behind it :)
Madison got hers this week too. She was so excited. I love that she made them look just like the one she made before. That is one of those things that the girls will have forever.
Emma loves hers so much. She slept with it last night. I loved the notes she sent to the girls, and how lovingly she described mom. Ours had the cutest pictures of mom inside, too. One of them was Mom and Suz together as little girls. Dressed alike. So cute. And I see so much of my own girls in them. That's definitely a good thing.
Talk about a tear jerker post! I hope you guys are all doing okay:)
Post a Comment