Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter


Well the Easter bunny came and went. Whew!!! We had a good Easter. We went to the ward Easter egg hunt on Saturday. With 250 primary kids, you can imagine the scene.


I felt funny all weekend because it all felt unfamiliar. Then we realized, we have never been here on Easter alone. All 5 Easters that we have lived away from home we have either gone home or had someone visiting. It was the first time the Bunny came to our new house because last year we were in Utah for Gretta's blessing. We didn't know where to put the baskets! It turned out fun. We decided to spend the day together as a family. We went to church all done up in our Easter dresses, thanks Mom for teaching me that one. I remember many pictures when I was little on our porch in front of the sliding door. It usually contained long dresses, hats, gloves, purses, big hair, big glasses and permed hair. I remember it usually being a fight between my Mom and Dad and Troy. For some reason church clothes were always a fight with him. I can see that same struggle with Carter coming.


I decided that I was not going to cook a ham. I guess it was the rebel in me. Instead we did yummy dutch oven chicken and potatoes. It was fun. We played games all day with the kids. We had a little talk about the Resurrection. My kids were all convinced that Christ died on Thursday. It made sense to them because he was in the tomb 3 days. Aaron pulled up a couple articles on lds.org and proved to them that it was Friday. One of the articles he pulled up was "Sunday will come" by Joseph B. Worthlin. It is awesome to read. He says "That we may always know that no matter how dark our Friday, Sunday will come" . It is really cool. Read it sometime.

10 comments:

chel wakley said...

Your kids are darling..

jill said...

Kayts teeth look just like Olivias. I love it. How do you get Gracie to smile for every picture?

Larissa said...

Adoreable kid picture. Little Gracie is so cute. That's so nice they all cooperated. My boys wouldn't cooperate. They are such a pain! Sounds like a very nice Easter together. I think I may use that article for FHE tonight! Thanks!

Meg & Josh said...

Hmmm.... which one does not look like the others. Who is that, it doesn'e even look like our Gracie!!

Your kids look sunburned, you guys suck!

The Noorda Monkeys said...

yes they r very sunburned as far as i see! i haven't seen any pictures of carter or them for a while! how do u get Gracie to be so cute in every picture?

NICOLE said...

I am excited to talk to you more often! I miss your kids. Gracie is getting so big. Just as a heads up.... I am not going to BYU. so don't listen to anything Liesl and Jill say.

Liesl said...

Your kids look sooo cute. Kinney looks like a model! We missed you on Easter.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Cute cute cute cute- one for each of them! Gracie's face is adorable in the pic!!

Kim Marx said...

did you find the answer to your 3 day in the tomb question? Their days are counted sunset to sunset so on Friday when the sun set it was end of day one, saturday - end of day two, Sunday would have been day three.
I agree with everyone else - your kids are so cute.

Heidi said...

I will have to look up that talk by Elder Wirthlin - and Gracie is too cute for words :) Sounds like you had a wonderful family Easter!