Friday, March 21, 2008

The Drive In

Last night we attempted to go to the drive in. We pumped up the camping air mattress and loaded as many pillows and blankets as we could into the truck. We were off. After paying $12to get in and buying $7 worth of treats. We all snuggled into the back of the truck and Horton hears a Who started. We were only about 2 seconds into the show when we realized there was not very much air in the mattress. It has a hole. By the end of the movie we were all sitting on the bed of the truck. The movie was cute and the kids enjoyed the drive in.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Did you know Horton heard a who on my birthday? May 15th. It's in the book! A drive in sounds like so much fun. I work by the one on Redwood Road. I look at it and sigh every now and then. I'm jealous.

Keli said...

We would have to have a sled-in here. 8" and still snowing. I'd say you picked a darn good weekend to be here.

I miss you. And that Gracie.

Jennie Z said...

What a fun idea to take your kids to the drive-in. I haven't been since I was little, but I remember going every once in a while when I was a kid. It was so fun. I'll have to see if they have one here in little old Tallahassee. Thanks for the great idea!

Kelli said...

Drive-In-Theatres, do they still have those? Holy Cow, it's been a long time.

NICOLE said...

Jill, this is nicole. i finally got a blog! I have no idea what i'm doing but hopefully i will be able to talk to you more now!

Heidi said...

I love the drive-in. When Andrew and I were first married, we always went to the Provo drive-in. They eventually tore it down and put in townhouses-so sad.