Last week when I made bread, I needed to take a can of wheat from my food storage. I knew I had canned a lot of it. I started looking, and looking, and looking then panicking. I found ONE lonely can of wheat in all of my food storage. It was canned in 1998. I have heard that the cannery here was out of wheat, but if you go on the right day and wait in line you can buy it. They were supposed to get a shipment in on Monday, but they aren't open on Monday's, so I knew that yesterday was my only chance. I headed over there to get my wheat. I was so proud of myself for actually doing it. When I got there I saw a sign on the door,
NO
WHEAT
I was on the phone with Aaron laughing. I don't know what was so funny about that, I guess because it was the very thing I was after. Aaron told me to go in and ask if they had any wheat? I don't think those little old canning ladies would think it was very funny. Don't worry about the wheat shortage. The Bosch store has lots. It isn't as cheap as the cannery of course, but it will do.
So, anyone coming from Utah, it will now cost you a can or two of wheat to stay here. Just kidding!!


15 comments:
I will gladly give you all my wheat!! I have about a gazillion gallons of it in the crawl space between the roof and the attic. If you go get it, you can have it all. It's probably from about 1970 but, what the heck, it stores forever, right?
Who would have thought that you would be so desperate for WHEAT!!!
So funny you are in need of wheat! I was just going through my email and was sent this from my Aunt Tori and had no clue that this was are stake putting this together. Hope this helps:
Greetings... After calling a few different educated sources and suppliers in
Utah and Idaho about sprouting wheat for food storage... I have found this
order my stake is putting together, to be a great sprouting variety of
wheat, from the heartland of Montana wheat, and at an outrageously great
price. This is a 50 POUND BUCKET OF HARD RED WHEAT THAT WILL SPROUT, AND
HAS NOT BEEN DRY ICED OR OXYGEN PACKED, SO IT IS A BREATHING WHEAT. The
total price for this bucket is only $22 which includes the shipping. I
don't think you can even get a large #10 can of wheat shipped to you from
the church website for that price! We need a total of 100 buckets to get
this price. This goes towards the 500 pounds per person per year of pulse,
oats, rice and wheat, that is reccommended by the church to have stored. If
you wish to order...let me know.
"Wheat Orders:"
>
> I am working on a group order of wheat from Wheat Montana. If we have an
> order of 100 bags (50lbs.) we can get the wholesale price. The total
> (including shipping) would be $22 per 50 pound bag. They have both hard
red
> and white varieties available. If you are interested in ordering, please
> email me (Sara) at momtolindy@yahoo.com with the number of bags and which
> variety you would like.
Good luck on your search for bargain wheat! One day I will be a real domestic wife and be able to make a loaf of bread!
Well I am coming next week so tell me where in the heck do I buy wheat??? I will get you some but you have to tell me where to get it. I can honestly say I have never purchased wheat in my life and probably never will!!!!
All I needed was an invitation. How much wheat do you want? (Just kidding, I wish we could come but it will have to wait. I can bring some down for O's baptism.)
Tu mama no lo habria dicho.
Ok, you and Keli and your Domestication is totally freaking me out!
It's the end of the world! The sky is falling! Repent! The end is near! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Oh wait, Bosch has some wheat? Sorry.
I think members of our Stake are single handedly causing a local shortage of goods - Smiths was running low during the case lot sale, the Cannery is selling out of everything and the water barrel store had to order more water barrels. What's the deal?
Making your Utah visitors bring wheat is a fabulous idea - I need to get in on that action because no one ever comes to stay with us!
I'm foregoing the wheat in place of diet pepsi and toilet paper. I can go a while on my fat stores, but I gotta have my caffeine and I gotta wipe.
Hey, I need your email address so I can put you as someone who can read my blog. so email it to me. angela.ken625@gmail.com
wheat is gross!!! Im a white bread kinda girl!!! I think you and grandpa Mike should have a bread baking contest!!! See yah in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really it is kinda scaring my about the wheat thing. I have been trying to buy wheat at our cannery here for over a month and I can't quite seem to get it in time before someone else is snatching it all up! Our ward did their canning date a couple of weeks ago and the cannery was out of wheat, rice, sugar, beans and oats. What's up with that?
Ok, enough with the Wheat Shortage. WHERE ARE YOU???
Post a Comment