You all know that annoying commercial on TV about herpes, and how they couple is trying not to give it to each other blah blah blah.... Well I knew some day that conversation would happen, and it did. I should have been prepared with a better answer, but this is how it went down:
McKinley: "Mom, what is herpes?"
Me: "um, ah, well, it is like, um, when you aren't married and you, um, have a lot of not so good boyfriends, and, um, well, you get sick from them, UGGGGGG!
McKinley: "Really?"
Me: "Well, yes, but some day I will explain it to you better so you will understand."
Olivia (smarty pants): "So, Meg has herpes?"
Me: "Ah, well, not really, whatever."
So, sorry Meg you have herpes, and if you would like to explain it to my girls better, feel free. I need to be more prepared for questions like this.
For those of you who don't know Meg, she is my awesome sis that is 26, she has dated her share of boys, and even tried getting engaged a couple times, but she is still looking for her Prince Charming.
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


5 comments:
That Olivia. She's quick.
And couldn't you just have told them Herpes is like cold sores for grown ups? That's what I had to tell Emma.
That has to be the COOLEST thing anyone has ever said about me!!! Seriously! Olivia, you are my new BFF!
Thanks for the shout out, and just to clarify, I am STD free!
ha ha ha oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard.. Meg has Herpes.. I love it..
Nice save Jill - Andrew watches a lot of sports so I'm waiting for the day when the kids ask us about "E.D." because of all those Cialis commercials!
Don't you hate all those commercials! I know they need to sell things but the erectile disfunction commercials and the herpes with people that look pleased about having it really annoy me!
Post a Comment