I love my parents ward. I have to. The people in the Riverton 7th ward helped raise me. On Sunday during sacrament Gracie was fussy, so I stood in the back (benefits of having a small ward, will never happen in Vegas). I looked around at all the people that still live there. All the people my parents age. They were young women leaders, primary teachers and friends parents. Great people. Then the crazy lady gets up to bare her testimony. I knew it was going to be weird when she took a notebook up to the pulpit with her. I should probably tell you that this lady moved in across the street from my parents about 7 years ago. When they moved in they also had two of their married kids living with them, with their families. Weird. Meg actually dated one, but she has amnesia about that, and we don't blame her. The house next door went up for sale, and one of the families bought it. Kinda like a compound? Yep! To give this lady a little credit, I have been to church when she wrote a Christmas program, and it was really nice. I have also heard her bare her testimony before, and it was very nice. Not this time. It was anything but nice. She proceeded to chastise my parents ward for all of the things she thinks they are doing wrong. She had also been up to camp and told them that Laman and Lemuel were up there. Translation: 2 girls were probably mean to her granddaughters. She said some really mean things to great people. The saddest part is, she didn't even use the precious time to bare her testimony. She took almost the whole time. The best part was that I got to stand in the back and watch the faces of the members of the ward. It was priceless. They all dropped their jaws and looked at their spouses. Some of them whispered stuff to each other. It was CRAZY!! After the closing prayer the chapel was silent. I don't think anyone knew what to say. This is definitely going on my list of crazy things that happen in Sacrament. List to follow another post.
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


8 comments:
Jill - Shame on You!! You weren't supposed to tell the whole world how wierd our ward is!! Your Dad will not be happy!! And we have to keep him happy, don't we?
Mom
Speaking of crazy sacrament meetings. Tanya's ward at Easter time had a man walking up and down the aisle's during the program. He had long hair and looked like Jesus. She said it was the weirdest thing ever. I love hearing crazy stories. Thanks
That is hilarious! There is one in every ward! How could we forget Winnie???
Jill, you are the only one who can blog this. It's because it ISN'T your ward! It really was crazy, and this lady has seriously lost her marbles. I would know, I did date her grandson, and he was as crazy as she is!!
Holy Cow--how weird is that? My parents ward here is a little off too---like a few years ago when this guy said during his testimony that we should all go see "Gangs of New York" -- or when some young women poured a big pitcher of water on the bishop immediately following the closing prayer to get him back for pushing them in the pool!!Just another example of:
"Only in Utah"
Jill--this is Andrew. You know why all the trees in Idaho point southward don't you? Cuz Utah sucks. (Except the fishing) Way funny story though!!!
You will have to ask Lani and Casey about the prayer that was said in one of the wards that we lived in when they visited us in Utah. (okay that was a run-on sentence).
Hey, at least it added some excitement to your meeting. We always have the EXACT SAME people every month that say the EXACT SAME thing every time. I know, I could get up and change that, but they are all too quick for me.
EVERY ward has crazy people. I really miss the guy that was an indian chief warrior in our last ward. This ward is just so big the crazies haven't floated to the top, but they're there!
Post a Comment