Aaron and I went on a date Saturday night. It is always nice to go out without kids and relax. After dinner and a little go cart action (I sat out to keep the fetus safe), we did our usual Saturday night run to Walmart for Sunday dinner. As we were walking in I saw these young kids walking toward the entrance too. Their hand were clenched as tight as they could be. They looked like they had been to a matchy shirt kind of dance. Everything matched, including shoes! I don't know why but I thought to myself, "I wonder what they are here to buy?" Then they stopped at the redbox machine. O K. I felt bad for thinking they had other plans besides a movie. After we collected all our arms could carry we went to the check out. At midnight in Walmart there are only a few registers open so we choose the 15 item only one. Low and behold guess who was in front of us? Yep, the clinched hand holding, movie getting, and now condom buying couple! Which is what I originally thought they were there to buy when I first saw them. It was so funny. He tried to hide them behind the movie, but we all know what they are. He waited until the very last second and put them up on the conveyor. The checker grabbed them to ring them up with the guys stuff in front of him. The poor kid had to say, "No those are mine." The guy in front of him giggled, so did we. After he paid, the checker handed them to him and said, "Have a nice night"! We laughed for a long time about it. Why in the world would you only buy one thing or not just go to the gas station? Too funny!
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


4 comments:
I remember my first time buying unspeakable items in the grocery store. I had to ask the pharmacist to open the glass cabinet! But I was probably older than these kids at the time, and, oh yeah... married.
The horror! Lol. You know my husband still balks at buying feminine hygiene for me. The only time he has was when I just returned from the hospital from having a child and needed said hygiene and nursing pads. Poor Poor him.
I guess for the boy personal gratification won out over any possible embarrassement.
Well, they are cheaper at Wal-Mart, duh.
At least you know they were safe.
At least it wasn't some kids you know from church.....
Post a Comment