Yesterday Boomer got a well needed haircut. When I called the groomer she asked me what kind of dog he was. I said a Poodle. Gracie overheard me say Poodle. I don't know if she just didn't realize that's what he was or if she had never heard that word. All day she kept asking me if Boomer was going to be a poodle? When we went to pick him up she looked at him, then at me very perplexed.
Gracie: Mom, Boomer a poodle?
Me: Yep, he looks better huh?
G: Sniff sniff He smells better and he's so tute (cute). He's a poodle, Mom?
M: Why are you so confused about him being a Poodle?
G: He's not white?
M: Are all poodles White?
G: Yes, He gonna be white Mom?
M: No, he is black. Did you think when we picked him up he would be a white poodle?
G: Yes.
Next time I will ask the groomer for a white poodle back. She understands that a poodle can be black now, but insists on calling him Poodle instead of Boomer. What a kid?


5 comments:
I would be pissed if I were Boomer. I mean to be a boy poodle is bad enough, you totally look like a chick, but then to have to be a black boy poodle? Too much, I say.
He's a good dog, though. I can't wait to see him. And Gracie.
I love Gracie stories! They make my day!
What a kid! I can't wait to see what she thinks of the new baby!!!
That is so cute!
She is so funny!
I'm with Keli on this one, a black boy poodle, Boomer got the shaft.
Post a Comment