Doug, Troy, Me, Lewis and Danielle, Patty and Roger, Lacy and Travis and the Howard's.
I was so glad to have Troy ride with me. It was so fun.
Me, Mark and Danielle. This was just after lunch. About the time that it sets in that we still had 50 more miles to go. It was way more of a mental game than I thought it was going to be. The whole ride I dreaded the climb up to Snow Canyon. I drove it a few weeks ago and knew how tough it was going to be. It started about mile 65. 10 miles of 10% grade. I just found my groove and we pushed along. It was really hard but a huge accomplishment to make it up. Then came the fun part. Riding down Snow Canyon National Park. It was gorgeous and so fast!
Last night when I downloaded my Garmin I was amazed!
- 102 miles
- 6200 feet of climbing
- 4600 calories burned
- Avg heart rate 153
Lessons I learned;
- I like Heed, a powder to mix with your water. The water was from a hose and I won't tell you what Troy said it tasted like.
- Diligent training pays off.
- Too many Gu's and electrolytes make you bloat, and hurt.
- Red Bull is good!
- Kelli and Aaron are great support!
I also learned that bike rack's are a great way to stop a driver that is texting and not looking. Yep, I got rear ended. Stupid girl. A few scratches and a bent rack but everyone was ok. My bike was fine, and I was mostly worried about that. The girl on the other hand, got what she deserved. A really messed up car. That has to be some sort of record, I think I have had plates on my car for 3 weeks! Nice.


9 comments:
Holy cow! You're awesome. You should do an Iron Man!
Looks like so much fun. Next time I totally want to do it too.
Great job! It feels good to say you've done it huh! I hope to do another one next year:)
Great accomplishment!! Way to go.
I'll bet it was a gorgeous ride down.
You go Jill! That's freaking awesome! Stupid texting girl.
Good job Jill!
Thanks for a great weekend. It was fun getting to know all your friends and just spending time with you guys. Hopefully next time I will do the riding too!
Finally I can comment! You're awesome!
Woohoo! Good job. You should come ride Little Red with us next year :)
Post a Comment