Last night Carter had a court of honor. I have to admit I am pretty clueless when it comes to scouts. I have taken the excuse that I only have to do it once so it's not worth learning. Plus Aaron is an Eagle scout, he knows exactly what to do.
What I do know is that my son is 13 and last night he received his Life (Noorda's, thats a rank advancement, pretty big deal). This is also the last advancement before his Eagle! Proud? To say the least!
But, the thing that amazes me the most is that I really didn't have much to do with that. That means he has had amazing leaders. I am so lucky for that.
Now we have to do a couple more required merit badges and a project, any ideas? Good job Cart!
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


4 comments:
Awesome, Carter! I don't know what I am going to do because we all know how good Troy is at scouts.
How exciting! He can come and lay grass in my backyard for a project:) Wouldn't that be fun?!?
Eagle projects can be fun. You can call a local hospital and see if they have needs for donations. He could correlate that. I personally like the ones that help in your own community. Seriously, my husband who was scout master for like 9 years has tons of good ideas if you want some let me know and I'll send you a list in email.
I love how you have to explain it to us Noorda's. Thank you, because I wouldn't have known what the heck you were talking about!
Good job Cart! That's so awesome!
I was just reading in the Ensign ( I know, lay off), and they had a Ward from Kentucky go to a cemetery and record the names with the US Census. I guess that's like a first step to get the names on file with the Church. Maybe that could be a project? I dunno, that's why the Lord gave me girls.
Post a Comment