Friday, June 26, 2009

Vacay!

Utah was a blast. We stayed at my parents for a week. We did some hard things and some fun things.

We all went to the Oquirrh Temple open house and then a yummy dinner at Spaghetti Factory. Yum-O. We mostly did things that revolved around eating. Why is that? We did Tempura one night, and made a oily mess at Troy and Kelli's. It was still fun.


We spent a lot of money and shivered plenty at Cowabunga Bay!




Mckinley was the only one that dared stand under the "Worlds Biggest Splash"! The other kids ran away when it came. We also got to hang out with Chad, Julie and Hayden. That was the best part!





Cousins got to spend a lot of time together. We even got to cry our eyes out when we all went to see UP. Seriously? Why didn't anyone tell us it was the story of our life? "It's just a house"! Freak! When we had made plenty of messes and cleaned out closets full of memories, it was time to move on.


To the CABIN!! Hooray!! I love it there, and love to go there with the Johnson's. We always have a great time together, and scare Michael just a bit. It rained. Not just a little. It rained, and rained, and rained. What in the world do you do with 8 kids locked in a cabin together, most of them being siblings? Slide on the stairs, Duh!

Me and Gracie even got in on it!


Gracie liked looking for deer.
During the rain breaks the kids played in the sandbox and got really muddy!



We finally got a good day on Friday. We spent time on the pond catching tadpoles and paddling in the boats.

We all jumped on the motorcycles and rode up the gorge. This is one of my favorite things to do there. Plus I like being all together.



Before we left we got in a hike. Me and Aaron and ALL the kids, even Boomer!



And...Carter got a haircut!

Before

In between

After

6 comments:

Keli said...

So how was Cowabunga Bay? I'm anxious to see it when I get there.

The cabin looks fun.

I have no desire to see Up. I'm tired of those movies that are all the same message. But if you say it's good, maybe I'll give in.

Man, I miss you guys. And spaghetti factory. Mostly you guys. Okay, maybe it's a tie. ;)

Love you!

Darci Buhl said...

hahaha. I just laughed so hard at the "in between" picture. So funny.

Nikki said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Vacations are always fun, especially when it involves visiting family. We did Cowabunga bay too. My kids loved it.

I did not know UP was sad...Is this true. I really want to know because I don't believe in self inflicted torture for sheer entertainment.

Meg & Josh said...

Carter looks like a scary old man.... Much better with the shaved head!

Kelli said...

We miss you! Come back, we can even make another greasy mess. I don't care...just come back!

Heidi said...

Okay, the inbetween shot of Carter's haircut is the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time!! Glad you had such a great time in Utah!