2 Monday's ago, I sorted my laundry like I always do, put the first load of many into my washer. Remember, the washer and dryer nightmare a year ago? When I went to change the load it was still soaking wet. I pushed the spin only cycle and it flashed a F 01 code. Since trusty RC Willey didn't leave me an owners manual and never sent one like they said they would, I looked up the code online. Bad news, call technician. So, I figured RC Willey would be a great place to start. Whatever. "Oh too bad you didn't purchase the extended warranty, you are over your one year warranty by a month." Ok then, just tell me who you use to do your warranty work. "Oh sorry Ma'am I can't tell you that. Jerk! Finally he whispered a name to me through the phone like we were spies or something.
I called good ole' Buy Rite appliance. They got someone right out. Two of the three computers were bad. Seriously, I bought it a year ago. It was going to cost me $500. What else am I going to do? So, he said he would order the parts and call me when they came in. 4 days later they called and he was coming back out. In the mean time I talked to Ms RC Willey, who suggested I call Maytag and just see what they would do for me. I was very surprised when they said they would cover the parts since it was so close to the one year warranty. I was so happy. This is the only happy part. The guy, as Gracie calls him, came back out he was up there for one second and came back down and said that they ordered the wrong part. He would order the right part and blah blah blah. Same crap. I called everyday to see when it would be in. They gave me a different day every time. One time I called and they had the nerve to tell me that someone was on the phone at that very moment. Whatever! One week later I called again. "It will be in tomorrow". The day before they told me the same thing. I'm pissed at this moment and make her schedule me the next day.
He came yesterday, and fixed it, and it has never worked better. Have you ever been without a washer for almost 3 weeks? It sucks. I have more laundry than clothes. How did that happen? Oh well, it is fixed for now and I suggest never calling Buy Rite to fix your appliances, even if the RC Willey creep whispers it to you over the phone.
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


9 comments:
I honestly cannot imagine not having a washer for that long. I can't imagine even going a day. Good thing you had a sort-of back up plan. At least it beat spending that $500 in quarters at the laundromat.
I would be totally out of clothes. That really does stink. (literally) lol
I'm glad that fiasco is finally over for you - what a nightmare!! And your family weekend sounds like a blast. I want to become an honorary member of your fam!!
I hate appliances also- why can't they just work like they are suppose to and when they do break not cost as much as buying a new one?! We went a month with out a dryer- at least we could hang dry our clothes- can't imagine going with out a washer- ugg!
I hate days like that. But the squeeky wheel gets fixed. I guess calling everyday wasn't enough. Try twice a day next time (just kidding).
it wasnt the RCWIlley guy whispering thru the phone.
It was probably SATAN
how did you get by? buy more clothes?
Jill, out of clothes? IMPOSSIBLE! Her and Gracie could go months without wearing the samething twice. :)
Glad it's fixed.
It's true about Jill and Gracie. I have yet to see Jill wear the same outfit twice. Granted, I don't see her every day, but even when I did during the summer, she always had on something new. And she always looks damn cute. I hate her. In a loving sisterly sort of way.
And Gracie. Oh that Gracie. When I got her dressed last weekend in her Easter outfit, she said "The Guy" gave it to her. Meaning the Easter Bunny. She cracks me up. But she has a ton of clothes. Tons! And they're nice clothes, not the cheap freecycle hand me downs that my kids get.
I can't believe your washer broke so soon... modern technology... I swear they make them break on purpose... meaners!!!
Post a Comment