This is so cool. We love Jon Schmidt, the piano, the cello, Love Story and Viva la Vida so this couldn't be more perfect. Give yourself a listen. Watch Jon Schmidt's hand when he changes from Love Story to Viva la Vida. Someday my Sonny Boy will play like that.
Summertime Sweets
6 days ago


6 comments:
It's been a while since I've commented on your blog. I'm sure after this post, you will wish I would have remained silent. I hate Jon Schmidt. He has no finesse. He is all bang. He cannot play any song with literally banging on the keys. It sounds good to some, but to me it is like a kid literally banging on the piano. And his form is horrible. He is one of those "beloved only in Utah" types. Drives me nuts. And who is the joker on the cello?
Sorry, Jill. I just couldn't contain myself! Heidi will tell you that I literally cringe everytime I hear this guy play.
Having said that, way cool arrangement. I just can't watch or listen to a balding banger on the piano. I just can't do it.
--Andrew
Someday my daughter WON'T play like that cuz she just quit! Obviously, mom is taking it a lot harder than she is...sniff, sniff.
I've actually never heard of Jon Schmidt. Pretty cool though!
Jill,
That was freaking amazing. I love the arrangement. I just love listening to the Piano.
And yes he is loved by us in Utah. He plays at our High School during our Silver Rush Week to raise money for worthy causes. This year they raised over 80,000.00. And all the proceeds from his concert at the high school go towards that.
Go Carter. When he is famous I will watch him play and say I knew his mom way back when....
Wow, that was amazing! I don't think he is beloved on in Utah since I don't live in Utah and I was WAY impressed :) And yes, you should come to the beach with us. Wherever or whenever that might me, I'm so totally ready!
OK. Sorry for my comment. I was wrong--I guess people outside of Utah do like him. I guess I need to go back to my silence! Sorry Jill. You send Aaron to head butt me. --Andrew
Love It!! I think he is awesome and SUPER talented!!!
Post a Comment