Friday, October 19, 2007

Grotesque

The funniest thing happened this morning. Carter was playing the Halloween Hangman game and couldn't figure out the word. I said what was it? He said Gra-tesk-wi. What he meant was Grotesque. I can't imagine where he gets this from. It couldn't be that when I was like 10 we were on the bridge going over the dam at Lake Powell. I saw a sign and I asked my Mom what a Ped-i-strain was. She said a pedestrian? I have never lived it down and it didn't help that when we were on a girl trip to Disneyland I called a Manor a Main-er. I have had a lot of these blonde moments. Apparently, my son is taking after his mother, and I am so proud.

I know my family is thinking about the biggest blonde moment of my life. Jackson Hole. Baby in my arms. Pole getting in the way. You all know what I am talking about. Ha Ha Ha

2 comments:

Keli said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Holy crap, Carter is taking after you! And I can't believe you remember we were on the bridge at Lake Powell! That had to have been what, like 20 years ago? Man, I'm getting old.

Meg & Josh said...

Don't worry, we all have them, but you win with the BEST ones!