Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Verdict

Looks like no more Cub Scouts for me! Hooray! Only ponytails and drama x 4! Four girls! I just can't believe it. I really thought it was a boy. Apparently so did the whole family. Nobody said much in the car on the way home. I think we were all in disbelief!

I had a very good ultrasound tech. She measured things that I didn't even know existed. First thing she said when I got there was, "Did the Dr talk to you about the risks because of your age"? Seriously? Could they rub it in any more? I am guessing that is why there were unusual measurements and checking. She checked the thickness of skin on the back of her neck, for a nose bone and made sure she had 10 fingers and 10 toes. All signs of a genetic malformation, like Down Syndrome. Everything was normal. After that I didn't really care what color it was going to be.

Girl Power!!

10 comments:

Kathie said...

Wahooo! Girls rock, plus you don't have to go buy all new boy "things". I was 35 when I had Hunter and they kept asking me about tests and other stuff--like 35 is old! DUH!

g&gjohns said...

Girl Power is right!!! Congratulations! I bought some pink blankets today.

The Roberts Family said...

Congrats! Little girls are so fun! Lot's of drama - but it's entertaining! And shopping for a little girl is much more fun than shopping for a little boy!

Meili said...

Hooray and congratulations! I have to admit, I thought it would be a boy too. But you make such adorable girls, it was bound to happen again! (Not that Carter isn't adorable. You know what I'm saying.) Anyway, I'm happy everything looked good. Hope you're feeling great!

Nikki said...

I'm so excited for you. A baby no matter what kind as long as it's healthy is just amazing!! ;)

NICOLE said...

Congrats! I am so excited! Little girls are the funnest!

Leavitt said...

Yay! The way scouts is going, I am exremely jealous! I got the "you're over 35" lecture, too. I was also told I was a "geriatric pregnancy". That does wonders for your self-image, let me tell ya. Did you decide about the 17P? Congrats!

Karla said...

Congrats! Glad you and the baby are doing well. At least you will have plenty of girl stuff! I can totally relate to that quiet ride home from the ultrasound :)

Heidi said...

I must say having 3 boys you can get to church alot quicker, much less grooming going on.

And if you start to miss cub scouts, I am in my second year of it with about 8 more to go so you can take my place sometime!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Ah, girls are so much fun! I just realized yesterday Lexi and Ashlee will be in HS, Carly will be in Middle school, and then Baylee will start kindergarten-.... you are in the same boat as me!

I wonder why I started over, but when I look at Bay's I know why- dang it, could you ever imagine life with out that little baby?!