Friday, September 11, 2009

Consistency in Change

I talked to good friend this morning. One I love and miss. We talked about hard stuff and good times. But one thing she said made me think a lot, "The last year and a half my life has changed so much". I got thinking about that. A year and a half ago my life was, well, different. A lot has changed. I used to wish to go back. I feel as if now is becoming the new life. You see 18 short months ago I felt as if my life was pretty dang good.

What I have learned is that I was being prepared. The tough year ahead would have been even tougher if I wasn't prepared for it. I can't believe I didn't see the storm coming. I thought my Mom dying was the storm. It was just the cloudy sky. The changes in my life that have come since then are crazy. Friends moved, passed on, and moved on. But, new relationships emerge, and old ones rekindle. The place called Mom's, changed forever. But, my Dad is happy and my relationships with my siblings-priceless.

I've also learned that some things will never change. My marriage. We still have to work at it, but we will always have each other. I am always blessed. Blessing are constant. I guess I should just accept that the only thing that stays the same is that life changes. It makes you wonder, "What's next?" Did I just say that?

6 comments:

Meili said...

I'm sending you a hug through cyberspace.

Kathie said...

That is so true!

Nikki said...

No I can't believe you just said that. I'm too afraid to ask "What's next?".

Whatever it is you've got going on...plus still missing your mom and all other loved ones. Hang in there. Your so right blessings are constant, sometimes we just have to look for them.

Melissa and Jason said...

Amen to that! I can see that with just getting married. Even good changes take work...

Kelli said...

Relationships with the siblings...definitely priceless. And with our kids...even more so. I love to see how close our kids have gotten in the past year. With you in Vegas and Keli in Chicago...it doesn't matter, our kids still have that bond.

Heidi said...

I'm not a fan of change, but it happens whether we like it or not sometimes. But with change comes growth so I agree, we have to stay positive and count our blessings!