Friday, November 7, 2008

Ready or not


Here We Come!!
Today we are leaving for the frozen tundra, aka Utah. The longer I live here the more I hate the cold. I don't mind the snow, but it is the cold. The start your car 30 min before you go anywhere to warm it up, the bundle up in 3 coats to stay warm, the wearing of socks (if only there were cool socks that you could wear with flip flops), the cold my kids all have when we get home.
It is all worth it for mi familia. I love being with them. I love doing nothing with them. I love helping Meg with Wedding stuff, and spending quality time with my nieces and nephews. I love my old man and I can't wait to tease him about his hernia. Just kidding Dad, I would never do that.
So, turn up the furnace or get the fire going, we are on our way. How many days to you think it will take us to thaw out when we get home?

10 comments:

Keli said...

Oh, have fun! I can't wait to get there to warm up. Yeah, it's that cold here. You know how they say it's not the heat, it's the humidity? Well, it's not the cold, it's the wind.

brightonislove said...

I have cool socks you can wear with flip flops! They are like toe socks, but they only seperate your big toe. Too bad I have no idea where I got them....

Kelli said...

It will take you at least a week to thaw out once you get home. All of a sudden it went from a nice calm fall to a cold winter. I am sooooo not ready for winter yet.

Audrey Taylor said...

Oh how fun. How long will you be there? Do you go up frequently to spend time with everyone, or are you going just for Thanksgiving?

John and Heather Davis said...

Nothing like family to warm your soul!! You may freeze on the outside, but your insides will be toasty!! Have fun :]

Nikki said...

That truck of yours has seen some mileage this year.

Bright spot...Gas is down! Yayyy!

Have a blast helping Meg with wedding plans. I assume this is why your coming to the cold this early in November. It's too early to be a Thanksgiving trip.

Meili said...

I'm glad you're here! It was so nice to talk with you yesterday. By the way, that's one great thing about being pregnant. I haven't felt cold at all yet! I still sleep with the fan pointed directly at me.

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

I am doing a Tri on Thanksgiving day in AZ. Hey I want to go biking with you sometime soon.

Laura said...

Dang it! Are you already here? I wanted you to bring some warm weather with you...or maybe I can just go back to Vegas with you. I hate the cold too!

The land of Vegas said...

I think you need to get something that gives you frequent driver miles with how much time you have spent going to Utah and back. I love going to the snow and cold and knowing I don't have to live in it.