Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Aunts

A Mom is someone who gives hugs, words of encouragement, and the right amount of advice.

She also listens even if she doesn't agree, would drop anything to help you, and knows the events of your life.

She rejoices in your triumphs and good news, and cries with you when you have a bad day.

These are traits that my Grandma must have taught her daughters very well. I have the greatest Aunts in the world.

The night my Mom was diagnosed and again the night she passed away I craved their presence. I don't know if it is the similarity they have with my Mom or that they are just that sense of security. They know how to help without overstepping and they always know exactly what we need. They have helped through a wonderful wedding, a hard wedding, hard days, and Holidays. I think they know what it feels like to not only loose a wonderful Mother, but someone amazing. I love looking at their hands and the traits they share with my Mom. They all have something similar to her.

Happy Mothers Day to my Mom's Sisters. I love you guys, and I am so glad to have you.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Blink, blink....sniff,sniff.

What a sweet sweet tribute to your mom's sisters.

Keli said...

I still can't get over how similar they all are. You nailed it with the hands. I remember as mom lay dying that last night, I held her hand and tried to burn the sight of them into my memory forever. When I see Julie's hands, or Syd's, I see them again and again, and I'm so grateful for that.

I miss her.

Nikki said...

FYI...yesterday when Keli was coloring my daughters hair....I felt like I was sitting there watching your mom. Hands and all that.

You guys are ALL like her in different ways.