Monday, December 7, 2009

Surprise!

So, remember those gifts that I told you I was keeping secret and one just might come early? It did! On Friday, Meg and I, jumped on planes and met at Chicago, O'Hara airport. Keli had no idea the weekend she was about to have. We were supposed to meet up at her house, but Sean text us last minute to tell us she had taken him to dinner for his Birthday. So, we drove to the restaurant. We walked in and asked her if we could sit at the table with them. You should have seen her face! She just sat there, didn't move, scream, talk, nothing. Jaw to the floor, and silent! I know, this is Keli with one L. The one who always has something to say. It was priceless. When she finally comprehended what was going on, she got a little hysterical. It was awesome. It took almost a whole day for her to stop saying, "I just can't believe you are here."

On Saturday we went downtown and spent the night at an awesome hotel Sean had gotten for us. We did a lot of shopping and eating. The windows at Macy's were so neat. We shopped all of Michigan ave. Along with the rest of Chicago. The first thing we did when we got there was ate, of course. When we were there almost 2 years ago with my Mom and Kelli we went to see Wicked. We also ate at a restaurant called Petterino's. It was close to the theatre and the tour guide recommended it. The walls are covered with caricatures of celebrities. We had the best time there. Our waiter was the best. He told us if we could find 4 drawings of John Cusack he would give us free dessert. We would never have found them without Kelli. I think she found the last one to win the dessert. He brought us out a flour less chocolate cake. My Mom was leery, but loved it. We all did. We talked about that restaurant since. So, of course it was top on our list. When they sat us we about died, because they sat us at the same table! We were all looking at the menu and this voice says "Here is some bread". We all gasped! We didn't even need to look up, because we all remembered the Nashville accent. It was the very same waiter. We told him we had been there and the whole dessert thing. He said he remembered us. We told him Kelli was missing and about our Mom. He was so cute. It took us 2 hours to eat because he kept talking to us. It was so fun. How unbelievable?
We really had a great time. Of course we really missed Kelli and wished Mom was there. It was so hard to say goodbye. It will probably be summer before we see them again. Or maybe we can surprise her again.

9 comments:

Strings of Elegance said...

I'm lovin' it! Love, love, lovin' it!

Meili

Keli said...

So awesome! I still am in shock. Shock. Total shock!

Melissa and Jason said...

How fun! What a great surprise. I love Chicago and especially Michigan Ave. What a great place to be with sisters.

Karla said...

What a fun weekend! Sisters are the best.

Laura said...

that is the coolest surprise ever. you guys are so good to be able to keep it a secret!

Larissa said...

You guys are the awesome-est!

Kelli said...

I am soooooooooo sad that I couldn't be there! Yep, I found the last John Cusack so you can thank me for the best dessert ever. As a matter of fact I think you owe me one! JK

Camille Kempton said...

How fun! You were always good with suprises!!!

Heidi said...

I didn't know the trip was a surprise! That makes it even more exciting!!