Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Perfect Day

I know I have been MIA for a while, but for good reasons. I was having fun! I will post all about that when I have a chance to download the proof of activities.

I have been reading one of my Mom's journals. She was really good to find the good in every situation. For example, my Dad always.worked. I don't remember her complaining. In her journal she writes about the stress of him working late hours, but she is always grateful for the work. I decided that I need to be grateful for each day with my kids. Even when they are hard it is another day that I will look back on and wish they didn't grow so fast. So, last night as I was carrying Gracie up the stairs asleep in my arms I kissed her on the cheek. I could smell sunscreen. I went over the day, and decided it was a perfect day! I got up early went to the school to help with my PTO duties, came home and made 30 quarts of salsa! Got to have lunch with friends. Watched my kids play outside in the sun on the blow up slide. Got take out :) Raising Canes yummm. Best of all after everyone was asleep I got to watch a movie with my sweetie. Could you ask for anything better? Sunscreen on babies is a great smell!

4 comments:

Keli said...

Sounds like a great day to me.

Pass that journal along when you're done with it, would ya? I would love to read something else in her handwriting. I just can't get enough of it.

Love you! Miss you!

The land of Vegas said...

I am SOOOO happy the Raising Canes is near our house. I'm addicted, and my wallet(and waist line) hate me.

Faith said...

I love days that you look back on with joy like that. Simple pleasures are the best. It is soooo important to enjoy them.

Heidi said...

I'm happy I got the chance to "share" in your perfect day. It was fun!