I don't know that I have ever been more ready for my kids to start school. I really needed my one on one time back with Gracie, and time to get something done around the house. On Thursday night McKinley and Gracie started getting fevers, nausea and both complaining of a sore throat. I called first thing Friday morning to get them into the Dr. I was not going to ruin the first day of school for, U-hum, Me! Sure enough, strep. Crisis averted. It only took them a day and they both were as good as new.
Sunday night, Olivia started complaining that her head hurt. I thought she was just nervous about school. When she woke up she was on fire. Are you kidding? I told her she could stay home and miss the first day or try and go. She went for about 2 hours. Ran her to the Dr-strep. Now she is on antibiotics too.
The best part of this story is that Carter woke up this morning with all of the same signs as the other kids. I am giving up on my children ever getting out of my hair! So my day today will now consist of:
- my third visit to the Dr.
- A long visit to the Pharmacy (where they let you read the trash mags without buying them. I can get a whole one read before they get the prescription filled!).
- Pudding and gogurts.
- 3 kids home instead of 1
Doesn't quite sound like what I had planned for the first week of school. At least they all got to wear one outfit and go the first day. Carter has outgrown the pictures on the first day of school. I might have to snap a shot on the 3rd or 4th day. Whenever he goes back!


11 comments:
OH NO!! Poor kids. Poor mom too!
The kids all look so cute with their new school clothes on, and of course Gracie looks cute as always. I can't believe summer is over, already! It goes SO fast!
What a nightmare! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
I was sad that I missed you at Melissa's reception.
Oh...poor kids! Hope they are feeling better soon.
Ha ha! I think it's funny! You know it's all because you were so ready to be rid of them, and they just had to stay around for those few extra days!
Poor kids, though, really. They do look adorable, though.
Cute pictures! I know what you mean about school finally starting, my kids were driving me crazy that last week before school started. Now Hunter is driving me crazy all by himself:)
Well, I feel sorry for you because I couldn't wait for Elijah to get back to being learned! I'm sure Gracie is being patient waiting for her one-on-one mommy time!
not what you planned I'm sure. Sorry to here that. But at least it is a sickness you can do something about rather than the flu or something you just have to wait out. Hope next week is better for you.
Never too old for 1st day of school pictures, I took them of the kids all the way through high school, and Kara still takes one of Brad, and he's now in law school. 1st day pictures are tradition. Sorry you don't have the house to yourself yet.
Was it Gracie's first day of pre-school or did she just wanted her picture taken too.. Those girls look darling.
Hope everyone is better ASAP and you can have some alone time. :)
The kids looked really cute for their first day of school! To bad they couldn't enjoy it. Poor things! Ugh. I just hope it doesn't make it to our house!!!
Sick kids are never fun. I want to come riding again do you still do Tuesday and Thursdays or does it vary.
Post a Comment