Wednesday, September 5, 2007

101* in the house?


So, what is worse than living in Las Vegas when it is hotter than heck? Living in Las Vegas when it is hotter than heck without air conditioning!! Yes, my worst fear has come true. My upstairs unit decided to crap the bucket last night at 9:00. I was laying in bed and heard a funny noise like my washing machine was spinning but was off balance. I thought I don't have laundry in. My next thought was that my neighbors never sleep, what are they up to now? In all actuality it was my air conditioning unit. Of course, Aaron was working. By the time I got dressed and called him it stopped, so I thought it was ok. When Aaron came home a few hours later it was hot. We slept with no covers, and surprisingly when we woke up it was only 85*. Not to bad. So, how hot do you think my upstairs will be by the time the repair man gets here? He is coming about 6:00 pm. Any guesses?

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm gonna guess that you're thermostat will say around 94 degrees, if your blinds stay closed and you're running fans. Man, you were already laying in bed by 9:00? And tell us more about these insomniac neighbors of yours!

Heidi said...

Something else that I just thought of Jill---tell Aaron this is bad karma getting him back for turning up the heat in Casey's room!!!

Anonymous said...

Well just hope it doesn't get to 107 in the middle of the night and are you sure Aaron didn't do something to it. I feel bad for you guys cause I KNOW how it feels to have no AC working. Good luck!

Castiel Moyes said...

That is terrible. That was one of my worste fear living there as well. At least you can all hang out downstairs and stay alive! I don't know how hot it has been there lately so I am going to to take a wild guess and say 95 degrees. Do we win something if we are right?

Jill Johnson said...

How about whoever is right on how hot it will be I will do your pics for Christmas for free!!!

Keli said...

I think free Christmas pics is a great idea. I'm shooting for 90 inside. And I agree with Andrew and Heidi about Karma getting back at Aaron for the hospital heat. Aaron plays such a nice guy.....

Heidi said...

Awesome--free Christmas pics is a great prize. Your prices go up every year so I'm afraid of what they'll be this year :) You'll have to post a picture of your thermostat so we know you're not cheating.

And where is my jam?

Darrell and Alissa said...

My guess is 96 degree's. Free Christmas pic's huh, how will I manage that from here?! =) Did your repair man actually show up- how would that be?!