Wednesday, June 13, 2007

4 months old


Yes, it is true, as sad as it is, Gracie is 4 months old today. She weighed in at 13 1/2 lbs. We are going to start solids as soon I go to the store and buy them. My doctors office got audited so they are no longer able to charge State rates for immunizations. Since my wonderful insurance won't cover immunizations, they would have cost me $300. We made an appointment for the 1st of July when our new insurance takes effect. I like my pediatrician, he is a little over bearing, but good. I seem to always make him mad or get in trouble every time I go. When I left the house this morning I wondered what it would be this time. Well, as I picked her up off the table at the end of our appointment he saw her bald spot. And yes, I got in trouble. Did you all know that if babies aren't put on their tummies more that they will have to wear a helmet to fix their flat heads? DUH!! I may have taken a 7 year break from having kids, but I'm not stupid. Then when I asked him how to do the rice cereal and breast feed he told me that it is still the same and it should be just like riding a bike. How dare I forget. I got insulted twice this time. If he wasn't so good to Gracie I'd find a new doctor that insults me. You see good pediatricians in Vegas are far and few between. Anyway, she is healthy, happy and fat. And we all love her. Happy 4 month Birthday Gracie!

2 comments:

Keli said...

Oh, puhleese! Why do you put up with that crap?! I would not stand for a doctor with such and attitude. Too bad there aren't more peds out there to choose from. Maybe you should just move back to Utah? And for the record, it's not not putting babies on their tummies that will cause a flat spot and cause a need for a helmet. It's a lot of factors. One of which happens to be their position in the womb, which you can't really do much about. Contracted neck muscles from birth also has a lot to with it. So tell you pediatrician to read up on it. Otherwise it makes us parents with kids that need helmets seem like we're negligent or something.

Meg & Josh said...

Helmets must run in our family...