Monday, September 20, 2010

Cross Country


Carter decided in the summer that he wanted to run cross country for SRHS. I thought it was a great idea. He started going to practice and he realized he liked it and as a bonus, he was pretty good! In order to make the team they had to run a 5k in under 30 min. He came home on the day they tried out with a great big smile. He had ran it in 25 min. We thought that was pretty dang good.

He has had a couple meets since then and done great. There was an invitational meet this last weekend in California and originally he didn't get invited. It was ok because he is a freshman, and has lots of opportunities to go. After last Saturday's meet coach called and said that he had a great time and it qualified for California. We were so excited! You know Cart, he was way excited, but played it cool!

So, Saturday morning he left for Costa Mesa, Ca. He ran it in 20:53! I am so dang proud! I can't wait till I can go for a run with him. He will probably kick my butt!

4 comments:

LuVera said...

I sense a bit of competition on the horizon. Congrats to Carter!

Meili said...

Way to go Carter! 20:53 is AWESOME!

Meg & Josh said...

That is awesome! Way to Go Cart!

Heidi said...

Way to go! I love his runner's tan.