Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Elsie







I know I'm way behind on the pictures, but I've been a little bit distracted. Falling in love with Elsie has been so much fun! She is such a good baby. She even slept through the night last night. I guess the angels that sent her knew I was too old to be up all night with a baby! She is still a tiny little thing. At 1 week she had lost 2oz and was down to 6lbs 7ozs. I love the tiny baby and want her to stay little forever!


Gracie is doing better than I thought. She loves to pick out her outfits and jammies. She is always running upstairs to get me things Elsie needs, like binky's. She is amazed at the way she eats, and loves to tell everyone!


I want to write down her birth story so that I don't forget and so that it's here forever, so if you don't want to hear about it you can stop reading now and just admire the pictures of our beautiful baby.


I had gone to the Dr on Wednesday Sept 1st. They scheduled me to be induced on Thursday the 9th which I was bummed about. I had never gone that long and hoped I could make it. I really wanted her to be born in a controlled environment and not crazy no epidural environment. I figured I was ok as long as my water didn't break.


Well, guess what? My water broke at 3am on Friday the 3rd. The last time my water broke, Olivia was born 30 min later, no epidural. We were freaking out!! I hurried and finished packing and woke up McKinley and Carter to let them know. We broke all kinds of traffic laws getting to the hospital. Once there I waited inside the doors for Aaron to park the car. I think I left a pretty good puddle, don't think I'm the first to ever do that.


I had the best nurse ever. She had my Dr called, epidural done and my IV started in 15 min after we got to the hospital. We tried to get some sleep at that point, but I was too excited. Her birth was easy and short. Two quick pushes and she was here. The Dr got her cry and put her on me. She stopped crying. He got her to cry again, she stopped crying. He kept saying, "would you keep that baby crying?" I knew then she was going to be a good girl! It was nice to know that it was the last time I would give birth, but a little bit sad. It's one of the things that only women get to do. Now I have to concentrate on raising these 5 monkey's. It's a big job!!

8 comments:

jill said...

So cute!!! Thank you for posting them! I cant even wait to meet her!!

Keli said...

Those turned out so good. But, how could they not, since she is like the cutest baby ever. I swear, our kids keep getting cuter and cuter. I miss my Elsie-Cow!

NICOLE said...

Ah! She is beautiful! I hope Gracie tells Michael how the baby eats every day :)

Nikki said...

Those pictures are adorable. She is beautiful. Glad you got an epidural and all went smoothly.

Meg & Josh said...

Cute pictures!! She is so cute!

Ashley and Matt Marx said...

She is a little bundle of joy. So happy for your family hope we get more days of her sleeping through the night.

Karla said...

Elsie is darling! Keep posting pictures! I'm glad you are both doing well.

Melissa and Jason said...

She is beautiful, I love those pictures! I'm so happy for you, and glad that everything went well.