Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thankful for the Simple Things


Gracie has been saying family prayer for a while now but with help. Last night I asked her if she could do it all by herself. She said yes, I was just in stitches to see how it would go. She addressed Heavenly Father and then started thanking him. She thanked him for KeyKey (McKinley) a few times before she really got into it. She thanked him for each one of us Bibia (Olivia) Carty, Daddy and Mom. Then she thanked him that she could lay in KeyKey's bed and for the Potty. She thanked him for the DDS (DS the game boy). By this time I was tearing up, so proud. Then she just said Amen. Didn't ask for a thing. Why would she? She thinks what she's got is it!! It was the cutest thing I think she has done so far! Until today, when she does something equally as cute. I love this kid!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That is about the most darling thing. If we could all pray with as much gratitude and faith as a little child.

Love it. And how fun that you have this blog to record it on to keep for her later.

Keli said...

I love it! Gretta has been saying the prayer for a while too, but we have to help her. When she tries it herself she just keeps repeating "bless the food..." It's cute, but it gets annoying. I guess we'll have to keep working with her.

I love that picture of Gracie. She is definitely Aaron's kid!

Meili said...

I love this. Gracie, I'm thankful for the potty too.

Meg & Josh said...

Oh, I love her!

Are you sure one of those Key Keys wasnt Mimi? :)

Heidi said...

I love little kid prayers. Mason always prays that bad guys won't get us. Now that Tanner is 2 he is starting to pray with help and nothing he says is understandable but it's so dang cute to hear.