Monday, December 1, 2008

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig

Whew! That about sums it up.

We had all the typical Thanksgiving week things, Turkey dinner, Shopping til we dropped, Lunch with aunts and cousins, Movie and dinner as a family the night before the pig out, Thanks Dad! But there were a few differences this year.

After Casey's funeral on Monday night, I had to speed to SLC to make the temple. Meg was attending for her first time. I must have had wings because I made it in 5 hours 20 min! No comments please. I actually entered the temple as they were walking through the door to the dressing room. Couldn't have cut it any closer. It was the most wonderful time. Each time one of us would go for the first time, my Mom would say, "I can't wait until we are all together in the temple". We were on Tuesday night. It was the best feeling in the world. I didn't want to leave.

What is Thanksgiving without all the cheese balls, chip dips, roll ups, chex mix, Pie, homemade stuffing? We were busy getting it all ready on Wednesday. Took all day. I didn't realize what a chore that was for my Mom!

We always go to dinner and a movie the night before Thanksgiving. This year we had a new visitor. My Dad brought a friend, Noma. It was different. But Ok. We laughed and had such a fun time. There is just nothing better than being together as a family and feeling each others strength around you. I love my Dad and sibs.

Dinner was weird. Not bad, but different. It tasted good, we had the same things, same people, something was just missing. She will forever be missing.

Lunch with my Aunts and cousins was so fun. Once again someone was missing, but we did her proud. Lots of giggles and gossip. It is really nice to be with her sisters. They look like her, and act like her. It is comforting to see them and know I won't forget that part of her.

Then the flu bug hit. YUCK!!!! Dad and Kin were vomiting all day Saturday. It was the pits. But, so for so good on anyone else. We made it home without incident.

Another first down. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I promise I won't make a comment about how quickly you made it from Vegas to Riverton and put you and your kids life in danger - are you sure Aaron wasn't driving? Before kids we once made it from Provo to Vegas in a little over 4 hours.
Sounds like a great trip home. Being together as a whole family in the temple is a special experience!!

Meg & Josh said...

I know you made it safely in 5 hours and 20 minutes because the Lord knew how much I needed you there! Thank you for making it, I couldn't have done it without you.

Thanksgiving dinner was awesome, thanks to you. The turkey was perfect, and even the homemade stuffing tasted the same.

Man, I miss her so much.

Andrew Dixon said...

Did you just say Jiggity Jig? Is that how they get jiggy widit in Utah?

Portia said...

Jill, it sounds like you had a great time up there and I saw on Megs blog too how you made it up to the temple in the nick of time! Sounds like it was a great experience and that Thanksgiving was fun for you and your family! We sure miss you and hope that you are enjoying the weirdo winters that we have with no snow and no cold weather.. alright that is actually starting to grow on me a bit, I do love that I can wear flip flops year round! Tell Aaron and your kiddo's hi for us!

Kathie said...

I was thinking about you guys (girls) on Friday--I'm glad you're keeping the tradition going--your mom would be so proud.

Larissa said...

It was so good to see you while you were here. I'm glad you made it through the crazy week and holiday. I hope the rest of you can make it through without the flu!!!

Nikki said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad you made it here for one of Meg's big days. She needed you there. :)

I am sorry I didn't get to see you at the family shower. I was hoping to get to the nieghborhood shower, but didn't get home from my parents house in time.

I'll see you at the wedding I hope.