Thursday, March 3, 2011

4 yr old planning

Every time I tell Gracie to stop growing she tells me that she has to grow up because all she wants is to be a Mom. How do you argue with that? The other day I told her she was growing too much and needed to stop because I need a baby Gracie. She thought for a minute and then told me that when she got big she would have a baby and name her Gracie so that I could always have a baby Gracie. What a character?! I love her.

Today was one of the best Gracie moments. She was playing at the park with her BFF Ben. They are really good friends. Except some times they fight like an old couple (Doug and Bee)They started talking about their wedding. They would get married after Ben's mission and after he bought her a shiny ring. But she would have to save up for a boy ring. He would put the ring in a box. When he asked her he would open the box. So, later in the day his mom took him to the store and they went through the jewelry section.

Ben: Wait, we have to buy Gracie's shiny ring.
Sara: I thought you were going to wait until after your mission?
B: Oh yeah.
Lady listening behind the counter: Would you like a sponge Bob ring box for now.
B: Yes! I can keep it for Gracie's shiny ring.

He spent the rest of the day talking about getting ready for his mission so he can hurry back and marry Gracie.

I asked Gracie about the wedding.

Gracie: I can't talk about it.
Me: Why, I have to pay for it and I'm your Mom so we have to talk about these things.
Gracie: Ok. First he will kiss me. Then we get married at the Temple on the beach. Then I will have a baby and go on a diet.

Man, I hope the two of them are right.

8 comments:

Keli said...

I love that girl. So much. Seriously, who thinks of this stuff?

Meili said...

Okay, this whole post is amusing, but that last line made me laugh out loud.

Miss you guys!

Kim Marx said...

'have a baby and go on a diet' that's funny.

Nikki said...

This is just the cutest stinkin' thing ever. A Sponge Bob box for her shiny ring. I love it!

brightonislove said...

Hahaha that is so funny!!

Liesl said...

Oh I just love my little brown eyed girl!!! I miss you guys! Post some pictures, please.

Melissa and Jason said...

That is so cute!

kesandrach said...

Wow! What a fun post! That is hillarious....what a cute, smart little girl. We can always hope for Gunnar and Elsie Loo Hoo right? :) You can still pay for the wedding if you want though...